By Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger
The Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into physiology and Function is an actual, exact, absolutely illustrated, descriptive, and functionally orientated textual content at the anatomy and morphology of dolphins. It specializes in a couple of delphinid species, with keynotes on very important dolphin-like genera, reminiscent of the harbor porpoise. It additionally serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing developments and emphases in molecular biology and genetics.
The authors percentage their life-long services on marine mammals in a number of disciplines. Written as a group instead of being ready as a set of separate contributions, the result's a uniform and entire kind, giving all the assorted subject matters acceptable area. Many colour figures, which use the authors’ entry to large collections of specific dolphin and whale fabric, around out this unprecedented delivering to the field.
- Includes top quality illustrations, drawings, halftone art, photographic documentations, microphotos, and tables detailing dolphin anatomy, functionality, and morphology
- Facilitates schooling and coaching of scholars of all uncomplicated learn and technologies devoted to marine biology and the remedy of marine mammals
- Brings jointly the present wisdom and knowledge in this subject, together with these in vague prior or non-English guides, or scattered in brief chapters in volumes
- Covers a few delphinid species and serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing tendencies in molecular biology and genetics
Read or Download Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function PDF
Best marine biology books
Marine and coastal functions of GIS are ultimately gaining huge reputation in medical in addition to GIS groups, and canopy the fields of deep sea geology, chemistry and biology, and coastal geology, biology, engineering and source administration. Comprising rigorous contributions from a bunch of major students in marine and coastal GIS, this booklet will motivate and stimulate persisted study during this very important new software area of GIS.
The range, ecological function and biotechnological purposes of marine fungi were addressed in different clinical courses within the previous couple of years. This huge, immense spurt of data has ended in a dire desire between scholars and pros alike for a resource, which incorporates accomplished stories of varied facets of marine fungi.
Microalgae are the most studied strength assets of biofuels and bioenergy. This publication covers the foremost steps within the construction of renewable biofuels from microalgae - pressure choice, tradition structures, inorganic carbon utilisation, lipid metabolism and caliber, hydrogen creation, genetic engineering, biomass harvesting, extraction.
Fish body structure: body structure of Elasmobranch Fishes, quantity 34B is an invaluable reference for fish physiologists, biologists, ecologists, and conservation biologists. Following a rise in learn on elasmobranchs as a result plight of sharks in today’s oceans, this quantity compares elasmobranchs to different teams of fish, highlights components of curiosity for destiny examine, and provides point of view on destiny difficulties.
- Ecology of Australian Freshwater Fishes
- Global Change and Baltic Coastal Zones: 1 (Coastal Research Library)
- Heartbeats in the Muck: The History, Sea Life, and Environment of New York Harbor, Revised Edition
- The Algorithmic Beauty of Seaweeds, Sponges and Corals (The Virtual Laboratory)
Additional resources for Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function
Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function by Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger